Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Family Troubles

Question: How do I deal with my husband who won't leave after he had my kids taken from me for hitting my daughter with a fork. I want them back, but I hate him soooo much. Everywhere I look I am reminded of my kids and I need all of them home, but he just wants the boys. I want him to go and I get all my kids. I get no emotional support.

Click on comments to read Laura's advice.
Laura NP


Eleventh Hour LLC said...

Dear Amanda,
I'm sorry you are separated from your children. That must be very difficult. I'm wondering if maybe some parenting classes might help you get your children back. The truth is, it's not ok to hit your child with a fork. I think learning some new ways to discipline your children and to maintain some self-control will really help you get custody of your children back and will help you develop a harmonious household for you and you children. As for your relationship with your husband. You have to sit down and really think, "Is this man a positive person to have in my life?" You deserve to be with someone who loves and respects you and will help you develop good parenting skills. I suggest you sit down and make two lists, one of the positive things this man brings to your life and one of the negative things this man brings to your life. It may be that the negative things outweigh the positive and that may mean it's time to move on. That being said, the most important thing to do first, is to retain a family lawyer and figure out what you need to do to make things right with your children. Your relationship with your children should come first. Good luck and let us know how things go.